Should the Genesis account of creation be read as literal and inspired history, or is it simply a symbolic framework that should be adapted to the most popular scientific theories?
Sadly, a growing number of Christian leaders accept evolution as fact and try to harmonize the Bible with the concept of naturalistic development over countless eons. But can Genesis be made to fit into an evolutionary framework? Is it even necessary to try?
Dr. Henry Morris III offers five fundamental reasons why belief in a recent creation is not only feasible, but vital to a true understanding of God’s Word.
• The Bible does not allow an evolutionary interpretation.
• Science does not observe evolution happening today.
• There is no evidence evolution took place in the past.
• God’s character absolutely forbids evolutionary methods.
• God’s purpose for creation excludes evolution.
The Genesis account of creation is foundational to all Christian doctrine and is in fact an indispensable part of the saving message of the gospel. Christians need not rely on an unbiblical, unscientific theory in light of the glorious revelation of the Creator Himself — and the wonders of His recent creation.
Title: 5 Reasons to Believe in Recent Creation
Author: Henry M. Morris III
Publication Date: 2008