Bedrock Geology is the heart of the Northwest Treasures Curriculum. It has been designed to teach the essentials in Biblical Geology. Also, it was made to impact the faith of young people and to be cost conscious. Additionally it’s best to have a basic set of rocks and minerals to study
Designed for grades 7-12
Bedrock Geology features four sections:
- The History of Modern Geology – How we got our modern cultural understanding of geology
- The Origin and Nature of the Earth – The evidence for an intelligent creation and creator
- The Genesis Flood – The turning point in Earth history
- The Ice Age – The little-understood historical period following the Genesis Flood
- Activities to reinforce the concepts presented in the curriculum
- A section on helping young minds to understand the complicated subject of radiometric dating. Unless young minds grasp the true nature of radiometric dating and how modern geologists twist it to support their conclusions, their faith will falter or be shipwrecked when confronted with the “science”. Therefore, we believe the issue of radiometric dating is of utmost importance.
- Also includes quizzes, a final Comprehensive Exam and answer key.
Audience: Grades 7-12
Page count: 148 pages
Format: Soft cover
Color: Color textbook