Dragons of the Deep: Ocean Monsters Past and Present
This one-of-a-kind book will thrill Christians and non-Christians alike, with its emphasis on ancient “sea monsters,” those fearsome and marvelous creatures that once roamed the oceans. From the predator Mosasaurus, called the ocean equivalent of T. Rex, to the gigantic turtle Archelon, the beasts who glided through the planet’s oceans no doubt were the inspiration for ancient sightings by mariners who described fantastic encounters on the open ocean.
Wieland’s riveting text and easy descriptions are complemented by the beautiful full-color illustrations by acclaimed artist Darrell Wiskur. Readers will be amazed that these complex, huge beasts actually lived. The author provides a thoroughly biblical analysis of them as well, insisting that these “dragons of the sea” came into existence during the creation week as outlined in Genesis.
Dragons of the Deep Features:
- Amazing colorful illustrations of sea monsters that actually lived in the oceans
- Come face-to-face with giant sharks that could chomp a fishing boat in a single bite!
- See how huge these colossal creatures really were when compared to familiar objects (like school buses!)
- Learn how and where to find the fossils of these water-dwelling reptiles
- Could some of these menacing monsters still inhabit the oceans today?
Details for Dragons of the Deep
Page Count: 80
Audience: Elementary School Children
There are no reviews yet.