Looking for and finding fossils is such fun, and it is also a great hobby. But a true appreciation doesn’t come with the search unless it is accompanied by an accurate understanding. Specifically, a good understanding of how and why the fossils even exist. Fossil Identification Field Guide seeks to help you find answers to these questions from a Biblical perspective. The 6″ x 9″ size is perfect for carrying in your backpack. Also, over 300 photos and illustrations help you easily identify what you are looking at.
Topics covered in Fossil Identification Field Guide:
- Why We Should Study Fossils
- Tips for Collecting
- Learning the Fossil Terms
- Adaptability and Kinds
- What is a Fossil?
- Types of Fossils
- A Biblical Model for Interpreting the Rock Layers Containing Fossils
- Identifying the Invertebrate Sea Fossils Part One
- How to identify the Invertebrate Sea Fossils
- Identifying the Vertebrate Land Fossils
Audience: Grades 3+
Page Count: 138 pages
Color: Full color