Front Porch Gospel with Buddy Davis – Summer DVD
- Format: DVD
- Ages: All ages
- Go “down home” with Buddy as he sings and plays his way through some bluegrass favorites—old and new! In this music DVD produced by the family of two teen homeschoolers you’ll meet Missy, the prodigal donkey, and tap your foot to some great banjo and guitar picking. Let Buddy’s guitar carry you through some old gospel hymns. You’ll even meet a guitar that’s had “too many milkshakes!” Add beautiful photos of nature, and this film is sure to provide wholesome, fun family viewing for all ages.
Front Porch Gospel with Buddy Davis – Summer DVD features Buddy playing guitar, mandolin, dulcimer, harmonica, fiddle, banjo, dobro and Mexican bass. You’ll find many of Buddy’s original songs in this video, as well as some of his favorite old gospel hymns. He even plays his grandmother’s favorite song!
Here’s a chance to enjoy a peaceful afternoon with Buddy and Kay Davis and their two golden retrievers, Buffy and Casey. Through their own photographs and film footage, let them take you on a tour of their small corner of the world: a 180-year-old log cabin in Henpeck, Ohio.
Travel to the bison farm right down the road; see the hummingbirds that buzz by your ears; visit Buddy’s dinosaur-sculpting shop; watch Buddy mow with his old Ford tractor; see the deer that come to his feeder; and go fishing in Buddy’s pond.
So relax, grab a nice cup of tea, and join them on the porch.
Includes the following songs:
- I’ll Fly Away
- The Old Account was Settled Long Ago
- When the Roll is Called Up Yonder
- Angel Band
- I’ve Got a Mansion
- Happy Moose*
- Loon Lake*
- Sweet Hour of Prayer
- I Wonder What the First Kind of Cats Looked Like*
- Summer’s End*
- Rock of Ages
- Soldier’s Joy / Be Thou My Vision
- Missy, the Prodigal Donkey*
- Jug Run Road*
- A Little Tune that I Made Up*
*Buddy Davis originals