The Great Turning Point The Church’s Catastrophic Mistake on Geology — Before Darwin
- Format: Softcover
- Length: 300 pages
- Technicality: Layman
- Ages: 15 and up
Many people in the church today think that “young-earth” creationism is a fairly recent invention, popularized by fundamentalist Christians in the mid-20th century. Is this view correct?
Answers in Genesis scholar Dr. Terry Mortenson presents his fascinating original research that documents a different story. With illuminating attention to detail, Mortenson discusses:
- The men who invented the idea of millions of years
- The beliefs of the “pre-Darwin” church regarding the age of the earth
- The origins of the gap theory, day-age theory, local flood theory, etc.
- The “scriptural geologists” and their arguments against old-earth geological theories
- The real source of the idea of millions of years (it is not science)
This book details the early 19th century origin of the idea of millions of years and the Christian men who opposed that idea.