Flood of Noah: Legends and Lore of Survival
Did you know almost every culture has a worldwide flood legend? It’s true! Hundreds of accounts of a wicked world, destroyed by a global flood, have been dismissed as mere myth — even the historical account of Noah’s ark revealed in the Bible. Yet, in every corner of the world, you find these legends of a vastly destructive, worldwide event. They include similar details, such as mankind is almost wiped out, some animals are chosen for survival, a craft is chosen for survival, and water covers absolutely everything.
Special interactive features of this newest book in the Legends series include:
- Three mini-books: Ancient Maps of Noah’s Ark, More Legends from North America, and Noah’s Ark: A Real Event.
- A spinning wheel chart displaying commonalities among the flood legends to the account found in the Book of Genesis.
- A four-foot wide center gatefold featuring a cutaway of Noah’s ark with answers to popular questions.
- Flaps that reveal specific legends of different people groups, analysis of Ancient Near East legends, and even archaeological evidence of a detailed Sumerian “pre-flood kings” list.
- Charts featuring the names of Noah in various ancient cultures – and those of his wife.
- Pull-slides that reveal geology on Earth echoed in the global flood features of Mars; another that highlights connections with the birds noted in account of Noah’s ark with a Native American legend; and one with verses revealing how Jesus is our “ark” of salvation!
- A pop-up illustrating a flood legend where survival was linked to a turtle’s shell.
- Unique and colorful illustrations help bring these fascinating legends to life.