The moon is more than just a rock.
Glowing, spectacular, constant.
Earth’s moon has intrigued man since God created it in the beginning. Only recently have we “conquered” it, and still it pulls us, literally and figuratively. Beyond being a beautiful phenomenon, God perfectly placed the moon for many necessary and practical purposes. Our Creator has perfectly and purposely planned it and placed it. Nothing has been left to chance.
The moon has taken the impact of meteors that would have hit Earth. On the moon, there are 200,000 identified craters. On Earth, there are 200. We’ve seen the moon almost every day of our lives. We are so accustomed to its being there, that we sometimes take it for granted.
God created the moon on the fourth day to be more than a conversation starter. Think about the following:
The moon is the perfect size to reflect sunlight to the earth, allowing for a soft night-light.
Without the moon, our seasons would be severe and unpredictable.
Tides caused by the moon are essential for the health of the oceans.
The life cycles of many animals follow the phases of the moon.
The moon acts as a shield, attracting space rocks that would otherwise hit the earth.
These are just a few provisions that are supplied by the moon. Our Created Moon is not just a little collection of trivia, but provides thoughtful and complete, factual explanations about Earth’s closest neighbor. Well-known creation scientists Don DeYoung and John Whitcomb share their knowledge in an easy-to-comprehend format.
– How does the moon provide a shield for Earth?
– How does the moon influence Earth’s seasons and weather?
– How is the moon a source of energy for Earth?
– How old is the moon?
– What keeps the moon in place?
– Could there be life on the moon?
– Are there any usable natural resources on the moon?
– What would happen to Earth if the moon were not there?
• A wonderful study of our nearest neighbor
• Written for the layman in an easy-to-understand format
• Illustrations and explanatory charts included
Number of Pages: 160