Inspire Confidence in Math
Mathematical terms and concepts can seem so complex and intimidating as students transition from the upper elementary years to Jr High—Katherine Loop’s down-to-earth style and conversational tone sets students as ease and inspires them to approach all those terms and concepts with confidence and an understanding that each simply describe a useful tool we can put we can put to use in everyday life, history, science, art, music, and more!
Engaging, Conversational Lessons
Principles of Mathematics focuses on mathematical concepts and emphasizes practical application, teaching your student both the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of math through engaging, conversational lessons. This approach firms up foundational math concepts and prepares students for upper-level math in a logical, step-by-step way that helps students understand concepts, build problem-solving skills, and see how different aspects of math connect.
Incredibly Faith Building
“Every time you solve a math problem, you’re relying on the underlying consistency present in math. Any time you see that math still operates consistently, it’s testifying that God is still on His throne, faithfully holding all things together.” – Katherine Loop
In Principles of Mathematics Book 1, each lesson and exercise leads your student towards understanding the character and attributes of God through the study of math history, concepts, and application.
Principles of Mathematics Book 1 goes beyond adding a Bible verse or story to math instruction, it actively teaches and describes how the consistencies and creativity we see in mathematical concepts proclaim the faithful consistency of God Himself and points students towards understanding math through a Biblical worldview.
Excellent High School Preparation
Principles of Mathematics Book 1 lays a solid foundation—both academically and spiritually—as your student prepares for High School math! Students will study concepts of arithmetic and geometry, further develop their problem-solving skills, see how mathematical concepts are applied in a practical way to everyday life, and strengthen their faith!
In Principles of Mathematics Book 1 your student will:
- Explore arithmetic & geometry
- Strengthen critical thinking skills
- Transform their view of math through a Biblical Worldview
- Find the height of a tree without leaving the ground
- Understand mathematical concepts, history, and their practical application
- and so much more!
Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Includes:
- Student Textbook
Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Teacher Guide Includes:
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Optional Accelerated Daily Schedule
- Student Worksheets
- Answer Key
- 3-hole-punched, perforated pages
- 30-45 minutes per lesson, 4-5x per week
- Recommended Grade Level: 7th – 8th
- High school students may also complete both Principles of Mathematics 1 & 2 in a year using the accelerated schedule included in the Teacher Guide