World Religions and Cults Vol. 2 | Moralistic, Mythical and Mysticism Religions
This eye-opening second volume deals with many Eastern religions like Hinduism, Taoism, New Age, Sikhism, Confucianism, Shinto, and Buddhism, as well as other pagan-based systems like Witchcraft, Voodoo, and Greek mythology (and many more)!
Religions of the Far East like Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age have been gaining a foothold in the Western world. We even see witchcraft on the rise and paganism infiltrating the minds of the next generation–even in Christian homes! Why is that? How can a Christian respond? We already know how the one true God has responded, and in this title you will learn:
- How a Christian can effectively witness for Christ
- How to refute these false religions
- What it truly is that these religions teach and why
The Christ follower should be set at ease knowing that all other gods are false as the all-knowing God of Scripture has revealed that He is the only God. Therefore, this volume dives into these styles of religions and looks at their origins and their basic tenets as well as why they fall so short.
Understanding the basic tenets of these religions helps the Bible believer see the flaws in these philosophies. In this way one can better discern how to be an effective witness for Jesus Christ while standing on the authority of the Bible.
Table of Contents
- 1. Eastern Mysticism Religions: The Overview
- 2. The New Age Movement (Pantheism and Monism)
- 3. Taoism
- 4. Hinduism (with Hare Krishna)
- 5. Jainism
- 6. Sikhism
- 7. Moralistic and Mythological Religions: The Overview
- 8. Paganism
- 9. Voodooism
- 10. Wicca and Witchcraft
- 11. Druidism
- 12. Animism (Spiritism)
- 13. Egypt’s Ancient Religion
- 14. Norse and Germanic Mythology
- 15. Syncretism in Latin American Religions
- 16. Greek Mythology
- 17. Stoicism (with Notes on Epicureanism)
- 18. Shinto
- 19. Buddhism
- 20. Confucianism: A Humanistic Wisdom Tradition
- 21. Unitarianism.
- 22. The Gospel and World Religions
- Appendix 1: Tools for Engaging People from Other Religions
- Appendix 2: The Irrationality of Atheism, Polytheism, Deism, and Unitarianism